Shamanism has been a part of human history for thousands of years and is still widely practiced today. Shamanic healing practices involve utilizing the power of the natural world and spiritual realms to heal individuals, communities, and the planet. As a healer or spiritual seeker who wants to learn more about shamanic healing practices, this beginner’s guide will help you navigate this realm.
The Basics of Shamanism
Shamanism is a cross-cultural spiritual path and practice and the practitioners enter an altered state of consciousness to access the spiritual realms for healing, divination, and guidance. Shamanism is not a religion but a spiritual practice that varies in its beliefs and practices across different cultures and regions of the world. Some of the common elements of shamanism include:
- The belief in spirit helpers (guides), power animals, and other spiritual entities that assist in healing and divination.
- The use of drumming, chanting, and other forms of sound therapy to enter an altered state of consciousness.
- The belief in the power of nature to heal individuals and communities.
- The use of rituals and ceremonies to perform healing and divination.
The Role of the Shaman
Shamans act as intermediaries between the spiritual and physical worlds. They are trained in accessing the spiritual realms and using their powers to heal, divine, and guide individuals and communities. A shaman’s role involves:
- Performing ceremonies and rituals to connect with the spiritual world.
- Working with spirit guides and animal spirits to assist in healing and divination.
- Utilizing their intuition and spiritual abilities to treat illness.
- Conducting soul retrieval, where lost parts of an individual’s soul are retrieved to restore balance and well-being.
- Cleansing and clearing individuals and spaces of unhealthy energies.
- Helping individuals connect with their purpose and direction in life, including helping them to make their own connections with the spirit world.
Shamanic Healing Techniques
There are various healing techniques that a shamanic practitioner can use to assist individuals in their healing journey. Some of these techniques include:
- Journeying: A shamanic journey is an altered state of consciousness where a practitioner can access the spiritual world and connect with spirit helpers and animal guides. Journeying can be done through drumming, movement, rattling or sounding.
- Soul Retrieval: This is a technique used to retrieve lost parts of an individual’s soul due to trauma, illness, or other life events. This technique involves the shaman traveling to the spiritual realm to retrieve lost soul parts and bring them back to the individual.
- Extraction: Extraction involves removing harmful energies from an individual’s body or aura. This technique is used when individuals are feeling blocked or stagnant in their lives, or when the practitioner is guided by their helping spirits to perform this technique.
- Cleansing and Clearing: A shaman can cleanse and clear individuals and spaces of unhealthy energies by creating a ceremony and using various techniques such as smoke cleansing, chanting, and drumming.
In conclusion, shamanic healing practices can be a powerful tool to restore balance in a person’s life. It’s important to approach these practices with respect and reverence for the cultures and traditions they originate from. Learning shamanic healing techniques can take time and dedication, but the rewards can be profound for both the healer and the individuals they assist.
If you’re interested in receiving shamanic healing sessions or learning to journey for yourself, reach out and schedule a time to talk with me about it here: https://brighid.as.me/breakthrough
From my heart,